All the 1970s - 80s Dope Riders, along with other of my comics, are in my anthology Awaiting the Collapse. The comics I've done from 2015 through 2020 are in my new anthology, A Fistful of Delirium. Both are available at www.paulkirchner.com. If you'd like to purchase Dope Rider merchandise, I’ve opened shops on some on-line stores. I have a Dope Rider shop at Red Bubble and have a Dope Rider Store at CafePress.com. Your patronage is most appreciated!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Return of Dope Rider, High Times, November 2014

Way back when I was doing Dope Rider for High Times, I was also doing "the bus" for Heavy Metal, and at the end of 2013 I decided to try to bring the latter back. It had gotten renewed attention with the beautiful hard-cover collection put out by Tanibis, and I thought if I did some new strips there might be a magazine that would run them. Unfortunately the magazine business isn't what it was 30 years ago, so no luck there, but High Times responded to my submission by asking if I could do a Dope Rider adventure for their 40th anniversary issue. I did a three-pager, they liked it (actually, loved it but I hate to brag), and I've been doing a one-page story every month since January. It's great to bring the Bone Stoner back to life (as it were).

I'm working on a fully restored anthology of Dope Riders, which Tanibis will publish in the coming year. (If you want to buy a copy of "the bus" through Amazon, please scroll through the sellers until you come to me. When you order from me you get a signed copy. )





2 comments:

  1. I love how nearly 30 years later both you and Dope Rider fall right back into that magic rhythm to give us more of the boned stoner's (or stoned boner's?) adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you find all the old comics?

    ReplyDelete